Desh International Law supports companies and non-profits with knowledgeable advice on operating and doing business in other countries, including on matters involving international transactions, investment, mergers and acquisitions, market entry, exporting/importing and regulatory matters. We prefer the personal touch – we get to know our clients well, and tailor solutions to their needs.
- Join Us for a Roundtable on Inbound Investment (7/2/2014) - Desh International Law’s “Global Business Roundtable” – Growing Your Business With Overseas Investment Capital – Private equity and bank loans are traditional ways that companies finance their expansion. In recent years, a third option has become more popular: investment from […]
- Pradnya Desh Interviewed by ThinkTech Asia on EB5 (5/16/2014) - Desh Internatonal Law Managing Partner Pradnya was featured on the “ThinkTech Asia” program. She was interviewed on the subject of international investing, and the use of the EB5 program as a vehicle for attracting capital.
- Michael Messina featured by WCIT Regarding Services Exports (4/10/2014) - The Washington Council on International Trade recently featured an article on TiSA (Trade in Services Agreement), a free trade agreement regarding services exports that is currently being negotiated by the US and several other countries. For more information, please see http://wcit.org/blog/tisa-and-services-exports-sleeping-giant-for-washington-state-economy/.
- Pradnya Desh Moderates WA Council on International Trade Panel (12/10/2013) - At the recent WCIT International Trade Conference, Pradnya Desh moderated a panel discussing global trade and trade policy issues. With panelists from Boeing, FedEx and the UK Government Trade Office, Pradnya led a high-caliber discussion that circled the globe on […]
- Michael Messina Hosted Asia Business Forum’s “E-Commerce in Asia” (10/15/2013) - Desh International Law’s Michael Messina was one of the Asia Business Forum’s hosts for “E-Commerce in Asia” which examined the current environment for e-commerce companies operating across Asia.
- AFL-CIO Seeks To Refine Punishments For AGOA Violators, Other ReformsThe AFL-CIO wants a renewed African Growth and Opportunity Act (AGOA) to enable the United States to take incremental, targeted measures against countries which violate the program's eligibility criteria to avoid disproportionately punishing African exporters and their workers through a total revocation of benefits.
- Food Producers Await CBP Report Outlining Unpaid Duties On Chinese ImportsAt a Senate Appropriations subcommittee hearing last month, several U.S. food producers and their congressional supporters continued a longstanding fight to get Customs and Border Protection (CBP) to bring lawsuits to collect hundreds of millions of dollars in unpaid trade remedy duties on imports of honey, canned mushrooms, garlic and crawfish from China, t
- WTO Members Miss TFA Deadline, Throwing Deal's Future Into UncertaintyWorld Trade Organization members yesterday (July 31) failed to overcome India's objections to enshrining the Trade Facilitation Agreement (TFA) into the WTO's legal framework before the deadline, a result that leaves the legal status of the TFA unclear and that Director-General Roberto Azevedo said would have significant consequences for the WTO
- Mexico Truck Program Critics Question Whether Data Is Statistically ValidOpponents of the Department of Transportation's (DOT) cross-border trucking pilot program with Mexico this week questioned whether the program has collected enough data from Mexican carriers over roughly three years to constitute the statistically valid sample that is required under U.S. law before DOT could move toward a permanent resolution of the lon
- Korea Moves To Resolve Issues Flagged By U.S. As Hurdles To TPP EntryThe South Korean government has taken steps to resolve all four key bilateral trade irritants flagged by U.S. officials as determining factors in whether the United States would eventually be willing to support a future bid by Seoul to join the Trans-Pacific Partnership (TPP), according to official and private-sector sources.
- Tel+1 (425) 312-6168
- Add400 108th Ave NE Suite 700, Bellevue, WA 98004